Pythagorean Theorem Calculator is a free online calculator which helps you calculate the hypotenuse of a right angle triangle given the other two sides of the triangle.
About The Calculator
1. Enter the value of side ‘a’ and side ‘b’ i.e the lengths of the sides of the right angled triangle other than the hypotenuse.
2. Enter the “Submit” button.
3. You will be able to see the value of the hypotenuse of the right angle triangle and some other details as well.
This hypotenuse calculator gives the following information as output:
1. Input Information (Table Form)
2. Result (Value of hypotenuse)
The Pythagoras Theorem
The Pythagorean Theorem or Pythagoras theorem, is a fundamental relation in euclidean geometry which relates the three sides of a right triangle.
Pythagoras theorem states that the square of the side that is the hypotenuse (the side opposite to the right angle) is the sum of the square of the other two sides.
The Pythagoras theorem can be expressed as:
a2 + b2 = c2 (Pythagoras Equation)
c is the length of the hypotenuse of a right angles triangle
a,b are the other two sides of the triangle
Then, the formula to find the hypotenuse of a right angle triangle will be
c = √(a2 + b2)
Hope this Pythagorean theorem calculator helps you in your calculations.Recommend0 recommendationsPublished in